Norslab Waffle Pods
Norslab waffle pods are a cost effective way of building concrete slabs for new homes, extensions or commercial buildings. They save time on site as Pods can be cut to fit within the dimensions of the plan. While work can continue in adverse weather conditions as there is minimal impact on the environment with less soil disturbance and no excavated rubble from trenches to dispose of. Norslab waffle pods are 1090mm square and come in three thicknesses 165mm/225mm/300mm for use on different Soil Classification sites.
A better way of building concrete slabs for new homes, extensions or commercial buildings.
- Less site work/No Trenching
- Time savings on site
- Work can continue in adverse weather conditions
- More accurate specifications of concrete columns
- Less wastage of concrete
- Simplicity of construction using interlock components
- Better insulation from ground
- Less environmental disturbance
Norslab Pods are made from polystyrene and are 1090mm square. They come in three thicknesses for use on different sites:
- 165mm - Suitable for "A" Soil Classification sites and special purposes*
- 225mm - Suitable for "S" and "M" Soil Classification sites*
- 300mm - Suitable for "M" and low "H" Soil Classification sites*
*Please refer to a professional engineer before use.
The Norslab Pods are lightweight, yet strong enough to support the weight of the workers and wet concrete during site preparation and concrete pour. They can be cut to fit within the dimensions of the plan. They have minimal impact on the environment - there is less soil disturbance and no excavated rubble from trenches to dispose of.